This Midas credit card review uncovers the pros and cons of this store card from Synchrony Bank. In particular, you are able to learn here about the credit card’s rewards and benefits, interest rate, fees, and recommended credit score. Additionally, you will find out how to apply for this store card or make a payment. At the bottom of this page, you can add your own reviews about this credit card.
Midas Credit Card Review
So, this Midas store card is another credit card from Synchrony Bank. But is this credit card really worth getting it? At a first sight, this credit card doesn’t seem to offer any tangible benefits. Yet, let’s discover the details of this credit card in our Midas credit card review.
First of all, one has to mention that this credit card is not linked to Visa or MasterCard, which means that you can use only at the Midas stores, website, and gas stations nationwide. Secondly, this credit card comes with a staggering interest rate of 29.99% and a zero annual fee – this is, however, something natural for such subprime credit cards. After all, it requires customers to have only fair credit to be eligible for this store card.
In terms of rewards, nonetheless, this credit card has very little to offer. The only thing it provides is 6-month interest free financing on purchases of $199 or more. But if you don’t pay it off within the 6 months, the full APR of 29.99% will be applied to the entire sum of the purchase. Moreover, you cannot use special financing for gas purchases. Apart from interest free financing, the card offers none other rewards so far.
At the same time, such cards like the Sheetz credit card or Wawa credit card would grant you decent rewards for gas purchases. But if you have a good credit card, you may get 5% cash back on gas with the Sam’s Club credit card.
Overall, this credit card obviously lacks notable features. Only interest free financing isn’t enough for such a credit card, since there are many more decent and generous store cards on the market. We would recommend to avoid this Midas store card for most customers.
Apply for Midas Credit Card
If you read this Midas credit card and you would like to get this credit card, you should submit your online application. Actually, the entire application process is quite simple and quick, and it is unlikely to take more than 10 minutes. So, in case you would like to see how to submit your application, just follow our guidelines below!
- In the first place, you should enter the website of Midas by clicking on the following button:
- On that page, you should click on the red “APPLY NOW” button under the Midas store card.
- Right after that, you will get to see the page with an application form. Now, start filling it out. At first, enter your first and last name, as well as your social security number. Then, click on “Continue.”
- On the next page, you should provide the remaining information about yourself. Then, click on the “Continue” button in order to proceed further.
- Following it, you will be offered to choose a credit card: select the option that suits your needs best and click on “Continue.”
- After that, you will get to see the page with the terms and conditions. At that point, read them attentively and carefully. If you agree with them, check the boxes near “I agree…” and click on the “Continue” button to proceed further.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the page with the result of your application. That’s all. You are all set.
Midas Credit Card Login
If you already have this credit card and signed up for online access, this means that you can manage your store card from Midas online. For instance, you may make payments online or simply check your current balance. Nonetheless, you will have to sign in to your card account online each time you will want to do that. In this part of our article, we will show you how to make an online login.
- At first, you should open the webpage of the Synchrony Bank by clicking on this button:
- Next, you should click on the “YOUR ACCOUNT” text button, situated in the right-upper corner of that page.
- Right after that, you will get to see a pop-up window with the Midas credit card login form – that’s the place where you can sign in to your card account online.
- At first, you must enter your username in the first field of that form.
- Next, you should type the password of your account in the next field.
- Besides, you may check the box near “Remember User Name” – this will allow you to remember your username for future sessions.
- After all, you can finalize this login process by clicking on the “Secure Log In” button.
- If you have done everything right, you will access your credit card account in the next moment.
Midas Credit Card Payment
Actually, you can make a payment on your Midas store card in three ways: online, by phone and by mail. Unfortunately, you are not able to make your payment in a store. Nonetheless, we will disclose how to make a payment in each of these ways right in this part of our credit card review.
Of course, paying your store card online is the easiest and most convenient way. For that, you should stick to the instructions from the “Login” section and sign in to your credit card account online. Right there, you will be able to make a payment on your card.
Secondly, you are also able to pay your Midas card by phone. In order to do that, you should use the following phone number: 1-866-396-8254. There, you can use either an automated system or speak to a customer service assistant. Yet, keep in mind that you might be charged an additional fee for this service.
After all, you can send your payment by mail. For that purpose, you should use the following address:
P.O. Box 960061
Orlando, FL 32896-0061.
Credit Card Alternatives
As you may read in our review above, this credit card doesn’t stand out in terms of rewards and benefits. Therefore, here we provide a selection of credit cards that might be a good alternative to this store card from Midas.
Discover It Secured Credit Card
Capital One QuicksilverOne
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card
Q: Where can I use my Midas credit card?
As you may read above, this store card is not a part of a larger payment network, such as MasterCard or Visa. That actually means that you can use it only at the Midas stores, on the Midas.com website, and at all gas stations nationwide.
Q: What gas stations accept Midas credit card?
Currently, all gas stations nationwide accept Midas store cards.
Q: What can I buy with my Midas credit card?
In fact, you can buy anything you want with your Midas store card at the Midas stores or on the website. At other gas stations, you can purchase only gas. However, you cannot use your store card from Midas and Synchrony elsewhere.
Q: Who issues Midas credit card?
At the present time, Synchrony Bank issues credit cards for Midas. Besides, you may check out other Synchrony credit cards on our website.
Q: What credit score do I need for a Midas credit card?
As a matter of fact, there is no specified credit score by the issuer. However, we recommend your credit score to start with 650 (fair) before you apply for this credit card.
Q: Is it hard to get a Midas credit card?
Actually, considering that you can get this store card even with fair credit, it is definitely not difficult to get this credit card.
Q: How do I check my balance on my Midas credit card?
In fact, you should simply log in to your credit card account online for that purpose. If you would like to see in detail how to do that, please check our “Login” section above. Then, you will be able to view your current balance.
Q: Where to pay Midas credit card?
Currently, there are three ways how you can pay your store card from Midas: online, by phone and by mail. In case you want to find out how to make a payment in detail, check the “Payment” section above.
Q: How to cancel Midas credit card?
If you would like to close your Midas store card, you should call 1-866-396-8254. Then, just the operator to cancel your credit card and follow the operator’s instructions. That’s it.