This Talbots credit card review will disclose all the details, advantages and drawbacks of this store card from Comenity Bank. In particular, you may learn about the card’s interest rate, fees, benefits and recommended credit score. Also, you can find out how to apply for this Talbots card. Additionally, this article contains info on how to make a payment on this card.
Talbots Credit Card Review
This credit card from Talbots and Comenity is another store card, which promises some good benefits and features for the customers of this particular store. Is this card really worth getting? Or you would feel okay with a usual loyalty store card? Let’s find it out in our Talbots credit card review.
First of all, it is necessary to say that this credit card comes without an annual fee. Also, it is not linked to a major payment network (such as MasterCard or Visa), which means that you can use this card only in Talbots stores.
This credit card also features a high interest rate and low credit score requirements – this is something common for such subprime credit cards. Even though we recommend you to have a credit score of at least 650 before applying, customers with credit as low as 550s have occasionally been accepted.
Obviously, the main appeal of this credit card is the rewards rate. With a standard Talbots credit card, you can expect to receive 1 point for every $1 spent in Talbots stores. Later, you can exchange 500 points for a $25 certificate. This actually leaves you with a 5% reward rate – quite decent even in comparison with the 4%, offered by Victoria’s Secret credit card.
Among other benefits, it is worth to mention the 15% birthday bonus and the anniversary bonus gift (worth 100 points for Talbots card holders and 250 points for Talbots Premier card holders). Of course, you will also get access to special offers and exclusive deals. And there are other minor bonuses, which might be pleasant yet which don’t make the card much more appealing.
However, if you spend $1,000 or more in a year, you will be able to upgrade to the Talbots Premier credit card. This status will actually allow you to receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent, or 6.25% in rewards. Additionally, you will be able to take advantage of the free shipping on online orders, another great bonus of this status.
Overall, this credit card from Talbots seems as a really great option for the shoppers. Indeed, carrying a balance on this credit card is highly not recommended, as the interest rate is quite punishing. But using this credit card for accumulating rewards, accessing special deals, and building your credit history is a great idea.
Apply for Talbots Credit Card
If, after reading this Talbots credit card review, you wish to get this credit card, you should submit an application. In this part of our article, we will show you how to apply for Talbots credit card step by step:
- First of all, you should launch the website of Comenity Bank by clicking on this button:
- Next, you have to click on the red “Apply Now” button – you will notice it in the center of the page.
- On the next page, you will get to see the options of store loyalty cards and credit cards. At that point, you should click on the “APPLY NOW” button, placed under “CREDIT CARD.”
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the page with an application form. At the top of that page, you will be able to read the terms and conditions of that credit card. Please, do it carefully and attentively.
- Then, you can scroll down and start filling out the application form. In particular, you should provide the following information: your first and last name, social security number, date of birth, and annual income.
- After that, provide your contact information, such as your address with zip code, email address, and phone number.
- At the bottom of the page, you may add an authorized buyer, i.e. a person, who will buy able to make purchases on your name. For that purpose, select “Yes” in that field and provide the necessary information.
- Once you are done with that, click on the “Continue” button in order to proceed with the application.
- After you will submit your application, you are likely to see whether you have been approved.
Talbots Credit Card Login
Once you have got a credit card from Talbots, you can sign up for online access. In turn, this will allow you to manage your card online (like making payments or checking your balance). But for that, you will have to sign in to your credit card account every time. This is how you can log in to your credit card account online step by step:
- At first, you should enter the website of Comenity Bank by clicking on this button:
- Next, you will get to see the Talbots credit card login form on the left – that’s the place where you can sign in to your card account online.
- At first, you should type your username in the first field of that form.
- Next, you have to enter your password in the next field there.
- Besides, you may also save your username for future sessions by checking the box near “Remember Me.”
- Once you have filled out that form, you can finalize the login process by clicking on the “Sign In” button.
Talbots Credit Card Payment
At the present day, there are three ways how you can pay your Talbots store card: online, by phone call, and by mail. Unfortunately, you cannot currently make a payment on this card in store.
So, the easiest and fastest way to pay your card is to do so online. In order to pay your Talbots store card online, you should follow our guidelines from the “Login” section and sign in to your card account online. Once you will access your credit card account online, you will be able to make a payment there.
Another way to pay your credit card from Talbots is via a phone call. For that purpose, you should call 1-800-225-8204 (or TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788) and ask the operator to pay your card. Keep in mind, however, that you might be charged a fee for such a way of payment.
After all, you can mail your payment to the Comenity Bank. For that, you need to provide necessary information (to identify your account) and send your payment to the following address:
Talbots Credit Card
P.O. Box 659617
San Antonio, TX 78265-9617.
Credit Card Alternatives
If, however, you are looking for better credit cards, here we have got some decent options for you.
Capital One QuicksilverOne
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card
Chase Freedom Credit Card
Q: What is a Talbots credit card?
Basically, this Talbots card is a store branded credit card, issued by Talbots and Comenity Bank. You can use this credit card for making purchases in Talbots stores.
Q: How does a Talbots credit card work?
As a matter of fact, you can use this credit card for making payments in Talbots stores. Then, you can pay it off within 25 days in order to avoid paying interest. Also, you will receive rewards for all purchases at Talbots.
Q: Where can I use my Talbots credit card?
Since this credit card is not connected to major payment networks (like MasterCard or Visa), you can use it only in Talbots stores.
Q: What credit score do I need for a Talbots credit card?
Actually, we recommend you to have a credit score of at least 650 (or fair) before applying for this credit card. However, there have been cases when people in the low 500s have been accepted, as well. It is also worth to point out that sometimes customers have been approved without a hard check at all.
Q: Where to pay Talbots credit card?
Actually, there are three ways how you can pay your Talbots store card: online, by phone, and by mail. In order to see how to do that in detail, please refer to the “Payment” section above.
Q: What happens if my Talbots credit card is stolen?
If your credit card has been stolen, you must immediately report it. For that purpose, please call 1-800-225-8204 (or TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788), report the stolen card and ask the operator to block it.